GENERAL MEETING MINUTES – THURSDAY 19 JULY

GENERAL MEETING MINUTES – THURSDAY 19 JULY

Present – Joannie Andrews (JA) Chair, Madeleine Davis(MD) Vice Chair, Mike Lordan (ML) Treasurer, Cyril Duff(CD), Norma Francis (NF),Tom McGoldrick(TMG),and Nik Wood(NW). Thirteen residents.

From Peabody- Peter Mitchell (PM)Neighbourhood Management, Zahid Hussein, Maxine Jervis & Sheldon Shillingford Externals programme

Apologies – Philip Atwood, Bigette Barker, Sandra Mcleod, Rosie Walker and Iain McLeod, Muriel Purkiss and Maureen [?]

Minutes of June Committee meeting – Agreed

External Decor & Repairs programme

The Peabody Team expanded on the letters from them and Vinci. In discussion the following points were made –

1        The paintwork would be like-for-like. Concern that this had not been discussed beforehand was expressed.

2        Repair to windows would NOT include secondary glazing. JA & NW would continue to pursue with HQ.

3        Scaffolding, front and back, would be needed and would be installed in blocks.

4        [Only communal street doors would be re-painted/repaired. Individual homes’ doors would not.]

5        Internal access to homes would be needed. We stressed the need for consideration of tenants’ need to work to pay the rent.

6        Roof works in Bonner and Old Ford would follow 2 weeks’ notice.

7        Neighbouring freeholders to be informed of works etc.

8        Unsightly and ineffective bird deterrent spikes to be re-considered.

9        In addition to Vinci’s office availability there would be drop in sessions attached to PM’s monthly surgeries and JA & NW would follow up Vinci’s offer of an initial meeting.

FRA Works

Sheldon reported that there were only a couple of hallways still to be completed and that he had had to seek forced entry to three others to complete fire alarm installation.

Decent Homes Works

 Sheldon reported that the works abandoned from this when the FRA started would not be done until the internal stock survey was complete. JA & NW to pursue.

North of The Park

 1        [Overgrown front hedges impeding Gore Road pavement were being trimmed by Peabody.]

2        [Morpeth Road fly tipping and other obstruction to Gore Road access had reached danger point. Alan & Jenny Thomas had had to chase PM and others to obtain action.]

3        Morpeth Road re-development was proceeding. JA & NW to accept Peabody’s offer of a meeting.

4        Repairs to the bike hangar in St Agnes close to be pursued by PM.

South of The Park

1        The Bonner Road notice board was still damaged. PM to pursue.

2        234 Old Ford Road’s developers have been in contact with JA & NW.

Treasurer’s Report

Expenditure of £159, mostly on Website development resulted in a balance of £6,716.45.

ML & TNG to continue to liaise and report on website development.

Community Centre

Closed for August. A financial report would be made to the Chair.

Any Other Business

1        T Brown’s latest letters about annual gas checks were causing confusion again. [What did we agree to do?]

 2        Proposals to make Gore Road one way to be put to ward councillors again [who by?]

3        Parking ban in Gore Road for filming and similar in The Park raised concern. JA meeting TH Mayor.

4        The planning application for 45/46 Morpeth Road has been overturned on legal challenge and returned to Hackney Council for re-consideration. Bruce Rowling and all involved thanked for their efforts.

5        MD had at last received the full policy document of Peabody’s rent setting and increases policy for our intermediate, key worker homes. It provides a basis for work on what follows in 2022 when it ends and should the 3.5% cap be removed.

6        NW had awaited unforthcoming information from Peabody about our concerns on the rent Exchange. NW to draft for JA.

7        UNITE had reported that the Peabody Direct call centre was under threat of being moved out of HQ to Family Mosaic’s Pitsea base with redundancies.

Committee Meeting 20 September 2018

Committee Meeting 20 September 2018

 

Present – Joanie Andrews(JA) Chair, Madeleine Davis(MD) Vice Chair, Mike Lordan(ML) Treasurer, Philip Attwood(PA), Bridgette Barker(BB), Cyril Duff(CD), Tom McGoldrick(TMG),Sandra Mcleod(SML), Rosie Walker(RW)& Nik Wood(NW)

 

Apologies for absence– Mark Guthrie

 

Minutes of 19 July General Meeting – Subject to a number of corrections – AGREED.

 

Matters Arising

 

  1. The issues of mortgages, Rental Exchange and the leak of personal data by Peabody regarding a bond issue to be pursued with CEO. NW to draft.

 

  1. JA and ML had been chasing Peabody about inadequate security for a void home without success.

 

  1. NW had raised the garden wall to 240 Old Ford Road without success.

 

  1. The inadequacies of Peabody Direct and the resistance of HQ to any other communications to be taken up with CEO by JA.

 

Bricks & Mortar

 

  1. Externals programme. Peabody unresponsive to our request for a meeting. Scaffolding appearing across South of The Park with inconsistent reports of letters to tenants. JA and NW to chase.

 

  1. Communal Cleaning. Peabody’s Steve Mercer had reported progress delayed by HQ reorganisation. Future accommodation needs in 5 Gore Road and cleaning of Community Centre to be chased by NW.

 

  1. 234 Old Ford Road. Developer in contact with NW. Work to resume soon.

 

  1. 26/27 Gore Road garden fence. After vigorous effort by tenant this has eventually been repaired by Peabody.

NW to continue to pursue tenant/landlord split on this, door keys, letterboxes and foxes as Tenant Handbook consultation proceeds.

 

  1. Morpeth Road. Peabody have offered a meeting. JA & NW to take up.

 

Community Centre

 

  1. Bric a brac sale scheduled for 22 September

 

  1. Well Being sessions to be more often and price increased.
  2. The next coffee morning will be a McMillan Nurses fundraiser.

 

  1. Christmas social, 21 Dec, and Albert Hall carol service trip, 23 Dec.

 

  1. Possible Bonfire Night event co-ordinated with Victoria Park fireworks.

 

  1. BB & NW to investigate provision of a printer/photocopier.

 

  1. Volunteers to help with events to be sought again.

 

  1. PA, MD & SML to seek details of nearby community organisations with the aim of liaison.

 

  1. The Newsletter would be reduced to bi-monthly to go with the general Association editions.

 

  1. The Centre Account remains at c£23K in credit.

 

Treasurer’s Report

 

ML’s written report showed only one transaction in the period and a current account balance of £6,696.45.

 

Website

 

TMG reported progress and offered to help Committee Members with procedures. NW to provide him with a full list.

 

Cost with technical support was £150pa but subsequently would not need support and would be £12pa.

 

Access and Moderator details would be publicised to all residents once the system was established.

 

Items North of The Park

 

  1. RW reported that Peabody had not repaired the damage to the lock on the bike hangar in St Agnes Close despite repeated efforts. AGREED –
  2. The Association to buy a lock and employ a locksmith out of Community Centre funds.
  3. NW to liaise with RW et al to prepare a draft to CEO.

 

  1. BB reported that a fire in Gore Road had revealed that fire alarms were not interlinked across maisonettes. NW & BB to contact FRA team

 

  1. BB reported problems with externals at 107/109 Victoria park Road. BB & NW to investigate.

 

 

Items south of The Park

 

  1. RW reported Bonner Road notice board was still damaged. NW & RW to write to CEO.

 

  1. TMG reported that the HMO at 17 Robinson Road was void again.

 

Any Other Business

 

  1. MD reported that May Day Rooms were seeking material on housing campaigns for archive. AGREED MD should follow up.

 

  1. JA reported that she had raised our rent concerns at East Forum again.

 

  1. NW to invite Peabody lead on lettings, transfers etc to next Meeting

 

  1. Peabody Family Voice and SHAC continue to be useful fora.

 

  1. Deadline for next Newsletter Monday 1 October.

Victoria Park “MakeMore 2018”

Chair of the Victoria Park Community Association which covers Wards in both Hackney and Tower Hamlets.

An event is being organised which is taking place in Victoria Park ‘MakeMore 2018 from Thursday 23 August to Monday 27 August.
Which is in the far field of the West Side of Victoria Park.
In the information sent to residents it states ‘the event may cause residents some disruption, however our aim throughout the
planning process with the local authorities has been to minimise disruption to local residents.’  This morning the generators were
switched on in the early hours of the morning – 5 am.
 
I have had a number of local residents complaining about the time and noise of the generators.  There is also concern that such a
large part of the West Side of the Park has been taken over by this event.  Is it possible that the organisers to do turn on the
generators so early in the morning?  It used to be that any work start after 8.00 am.  We have a Bank Holiday weekend coming
up  people look forward to having a restful holiday – not woken in the early hours.  They also take advantage of using the park for
the family and picnics etc, which is impossible with the area being used for the MakeMore event.  I know that we cannot stop the event
but at least the noise can be restricted.
Yours
Joannie A Andrews
Chair
Victoria Park Community Association