COMMITTEE MEETING 20 SEPTEMBER 2018
Present – Joanie Andrews(JA) Chair, Madeleine Davis(MD) Vice Chair, Mike Lordan(ML) Treasurer, Philip Attwood(PA), Bridgette Barker(BB), Cyril Duff(CD), Tom McGoldrick(TMG),Sandra Mcleod(SML), Rosie Walker(RW)& Nik Wood(NW)
Apologies for absence– Mark Guthrie
Minutes of 19 July General Meeting – Subject to a number of corrections – AGREED.
- The issues of mortgages, Rental Exchange and the leak of personal data by Peabody regarding a bond issue to be pursued with CEO. NW to draft.
- JA and ML had been chasing Peabody about inadequate security for a void home without success.
- NW had raised the garden wall to 240 Old Ford Road without success.
- The inadequacies of Peabody Direct and the resistance of HQ to any other communications to be taken up with CEO by JA.
Bricks & Mortar
- Externals programme. Peabody unresponsive to our request for a meeting. Scaffolding appearing across South of The Park with inconsistent reports of letters to tenants. JA and NW to chase.
- Communal Cleaning. Peabody’s Steve Mercer had reported progress delayed by HQ reorganisation. Future accommodation needs in 5 Gore Road and cleaning of Community Centre to be chased by NW.
- 234 Old Ford Road. Developer in contact with NW. Work to resume soon.
- 26/27 Gore Road garden fence. After vigorous effort by tenant this has eventually been repaired by Peabody.
NW to continue to pursue tenant/landlord split on this, door keys, letterboxes and foxes as Tenant Handbook consultation proceeds.
- Morpeth Road. Peabody have offered a meeting. JA & NW to take up.
- Bric a brac sale scheduled for 22 September
- Well Being sessions to be more often and price increased.
- The next coffee morning will be a McMillan Nurses fundraiser.
- Christmas social, 21 Dec, and Albert Hall carol service trip, 23 Dec.
- Possible Bonfire Night event co-ordinated with Victoria Park fireworks.
- BB & NW to investigate provision of a printer/photocopier.
- Volunteers to help with events to be sought again.
- PA, MD & SML to seek details of nearby community organisations with the aim of liaison.
- The Newsletter would be reduced to bi-monthly to go with the general Association editions.
- The Centre Account remains at c£23K in credit.
ML’s written report showed only one transaction in the period and a current account balance of £6,696.45.
TMG reported progress and offered to help Committee Members with procedures. NW to provide him with a full list.
Cost with technical support was £150pa but subsequently would not need support and would be £12pa.
Access and Moderator details would be publicised to all residents once the system was established.
Items North of The Park
- RW reported that Peabody had not repaired the damage to the lock on the bike hangar in St Agnes Close despite repeated efforts. AGREED –
- The Association to buy a lock and employ a locksmith out of Community Centre funds.
- NW to liaise with RW et al to prepare a draft to CEO.
- BB reported that a fire in Gore Road had revealed that fire alarms were not interlinked across maisonettes. NW & BB to contact FRA team
- BB reported problems with externals at 107/109 Victoria park Road. BB & NW to investigate.
Items south of The Park
- RW reported Bonner Road notice board was still damaged. NW & RW to write to CEO.
- TMG reported that the HMO at 17 Robinson Road was void again.
Any Other Business
- MD reported that May Day Rooms were seeking material on housing campaigns for archive. AGREED MD should follow up.
- JA reported that she had raised our rent concerns at East Forum again.
- NW to invite Peabody lead on lettings, transfers etc to next Meeting
- Peabody Family Voice and SHAC continue to be useful for a.
- Deadline for next Newsletter Monday 1 October.