MINUTES

Committee Meeting 15 November 2018 

Present – Joanie Andrews(JA) Chair, Vice Chair, Mike Lordan(ML) Treasurer, Philip Attwood(PA), Bridgette Barker(BB), Cyril Duff(CD), Norma Francis (NF), Mark Guthrie (MG), Sandra Mcleod(SML),Kevin O’Neil (KON) Rosie Walker(RW)& Nik Wood(NW) and Bruce Rowling.

From Peabody Peter Mitchell(PM) and Sheldon Shillingford(SS)

 

Apologies for absence– Christine Chaffin(CC) and Madeleine Davis(MD)

 

Minutes of 18 October General Meeting  – AGREED.

 

Reports

EXTERNALS WORKS PROGRAMME

SS reported that Vinci had appointed Jill Francis as their new liaison, the discovery of lead pain had resulted in delays, The office at 280A Old Ford Road would be for this programme only and the roofing works originally planned would be abandoned.

In response to points raised SS and PM would pursue overgrown gardens.

234 OLD FORD ROAD

KON reported renewed works. NW to liaise with the developer.

MORPETH ROAD

PM to pursue fly tipping on Peabody land again.

CHRISTCHURCH

MG reported that the electricity supply to communal lighting in Pennethorne was being restored.

He reported that a new tree surgery contractor had been employed.

He reported that a further proposal for major drainage etc works was being prepared to put to residents.

He reported that responses to the parking consultation were with PM and Lamberts and proposals would be brought forward.

RW raised the problematic repair to the St Agnes cycle hangar. PM to pursue.

COMMUNAL CLEANING

The need for accommodation in the Community Centre for a resident cleaner was unclear. NW to pursue with Peabody

COMMUNITY CENTRE

PA reported that the XMas party was arranged for 21 December

He reported that the Friday yoga classes had resumed

He reported that The Renters’ Union had found the centre useful

He reported a very healthy financial position

He reported that contact had been made with Peabody residents on Lark Rise

PM agreed to investigate the provision of money from Peabody towards the old folks’ XMas presents.

TREASURER’S REPORT

ML reported that the major expenditure had been on legal advice about the sales and on printing. The result was a balance of £5,215.95.

THANKS

Peter Mitchell and Sheldon Shillingford were thanked for their work during the year and left the meeting.

SALES CAMPAIGN

Peabody’s responses to tenants, the Association and politicians was unsatisfactory on issues of further sales policy.

Legal advice had been taken. Once it had been digested JA would write on behalf of the Association to Peabody again, addressed to Chair of Trustees

Publicity and lobbying of politicians would be continued.

KEY WORKER LETTINGS

MD and JA to write to Ijay Onyechi at Peabody with our input to her review.

EXTERNAL WORKS PROGRAMME

JA to write to Peabody to pursue the compensation claim.